Public Awareness Tools
Toolkits & Resources
Download resources to guide you in raising awareness for effective child maltreatment prevention strategies with toolkits for the following campaigns: Family Support Awareness Month, Child Abuse Prevention Month, Parent Leadership Month, Prioritizing Child Maltreatment Prevention: A Toolkit for Strengthening North Carolina’s Children and Families, Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment Online Training Promotion Toolkit, and Talking About Prevention Toolkit.
Please contact Kris Demers, Director of Communications and Marketing, at email@example.com with any questions, to receive support or to request materials.
Family Support Awareness Month – February 2023
Family Support Awareness Month is an opportunity to share the work of family support programs in your community, advocate for increased investment in family support programs and build relationships with other family support programs in your community and across the state.
Please fill out the form below to download the Family Support Awareness Month 2023 Communications Toolkit and assets. After clicking the “Download the Toolkit” button the zip file should automatically start to download. You may need to enable pop-ups if the zip file does not download automatically.
Parent Leadership Toolkit
- National Parent Leadership Month is celebrated every February. Parents Anonymous, Inc. established the month to recognize the important role parents play in their communities.
- Parent leaders represent the “parent voice” and are strong advocates for all families in their community. They provide input into family support program and community decisions and serve as role models and resources for other parents; thereby enhancing factors proven to prevent abuse and neglect.
- Empowering parents to take leadership roles in their communities not only strengthens the individual parent and his or her family, it also improves outcomes for all children. Research shows that health, education, and family support organizations achieve more positive results and use resources more effectively when they partner with parents.
- We invite you to join us in recognizing Parent Leadership Month, and have created the following materials to help you with your public awareness efforts.
Parent Leadership Month Public Awareness Toolkit
- Parent Leadership Certificate from Circle of Parents
- Parent Leadership Month Talking Points
- Parent Leadership Month FAQs
- 29 Ways to Recognize Parent Leadership Month
- Parent Leadership Month Proclamation Template
- Letter Template Inviting Businesses and Other Organizations to Join You in Recognizing Parent Leaders
- Parent Leadership Month Sample Social Media Posts
For More Information
- If you have any questions or need assistance with the public awareness toolkit, please contact Kris Demers, Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about Parent Leadership Month, visit Parents Anonymous, Inc.
Child Abuse Prevention Month Toolkit
Visit the Child Abuse Prevention Month Toolkit with assets to help your raise awareness of effective child maltreatment prevention strategies, including:
- Sample Social Media Posts
- Social Media Graphics
- Sample Press Release
- Sample Talking Points
- and more!
DSS Campaign Toolkit: Prioritizing Child Maltreatment Prevention
DSS Prevention Toolkit & Public Awareness Campaign
Prevent Child Abuse NC recently launched a new, statewide public awareness campaign specifically for NC DSS agencies. This public awareness campaign, made possible by NC DHHS, can help DSS agencies prioritize, reframe, and align efforts for child maltreatment prevention.Visit the Campaign Toolkit
All DSS employees are encouraged to learn about the new public awareness campaign by watching this recording of our training introducing the campaign and toolkit.
About the Campaign Toolkit:
This public awareness campaign, made possible by NC DHHS, can help DSS agencies prioritize, reframe, and align efforts for child maltreatment prevention across the seven DSS regions. The campaign toolkit includes research-based messaging, information about effective child maltreatment prevention strategies, and materials to help DSS agencies create a shared vision, understanding, and messaging around child maltreatment prevention. All DSS employees are encouraged to review the toolkit and implement it within their agency and communities throughout the year. If you have any questions, please contact PCANC’s Director of Communications and Marketing, Kris Demers by email email@example.com or by phone: 919.829.8009 ext. 619.
Visit the Campaign Toolkit
Downloadable Tools & Materials:
- Request copies of printed 18″x24″ posters by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SOCIAL MEDIA GRAPHICS
- PRE-WRITTEN SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- ZOOM/TEAMS BACKGROUNDS
- SAMPLE PRESS RELEASE
- SAMPLE OPINION EDITORIAL
- SAMPLE TALKING POINTS
- POWERPOINT SLIDE
- “REFRAMING CHILDHOOD ADVERSITY: PROMOTING UPSTREAM APPROACHES” BRIEF
- PROTECTIVE FACTORS FLYER – [ENGLISH] / [SPANISH]
- PRIMARY PREVENTION FLYER
- OVERLOAD METAPHOR VIDEO
- OVERLOAD METAPHOR FLYER
- PCANC’S FREE, ONLINE TRAININGS:
- THE PREVENTION ACTION NETWORK
Recognizing & Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment Course - Social Media Toolkit
Kids First License Plates: Driving Prevention Toolkit
Kids First License Plates: Driving Prevention Toolkit & Materials
- English – JPG
- Spanish – Coming soon!
English Sample Letters
- Invite board member to purchase & promote Kids First License Plate
- Invite staff member to purchase & promote Kids First License Plate
- Invite Partners & Supporters to purchase & promote Kids First License Plate
Spanish Sample Letters
- Invite Board Members to Purchase & Promote the Kids First License Plate
- Invite staff members to purchase & promote the Kids First License Plate
- Invite Partners & Supporters to Purchase & Promote the Kids First License Plates
Social Media Content
- Pre-Written Social Media Posts (word) – English
- Pre-Written Social Media Posts (PDF) – English
- Pre-Written Social Media Posts – Spanish
- Facebook Images – (zip)
- Facebook Cover Photos – (zip)
- Twitter Images – (zip)
- Twitter Cover Photos – (zip)
- Website Banner Photos – (zip)
- Official Hashtag – The official hashtag of the Kids First license plate campaign is #KidsFirst. Please use this in all of your social media posts!
Twitter List of NC CTF Grantees – Follow the NC CTF Grantee Twitter List we created to retweet and engage with tweets from other NC CTF Grantees about #KidsFirst.
Talking About Prevention Toolkit
Tools & Resources to talk about Prevention
For the User
- Do’s and Don’ts of Framing
The Seven Stages of FrameWorks
Reframing 101 Webinar
For the Trainer
- Core Handouts
- The Seven Stages of FrameWorks
Tough Questions for Presenters
Five Tips for Effective Presentations
More about how to talk about prevention
Web-based Resource Centers
- Protective Factors
- NC’s Safe Surrender Law
- The impact of child abuse and neglect
- Parent leadership
- NC Children’s Trust Fund and Kids First License Plate
- Fatherhood Resource Center
- Child maltreatment data and statistics
- Effective family-strengthening programs and implementation support
- Recognizing and responding to child maltreatment
- Child sexual abuse prevention
- Free, online, self-guided Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment Course available in English and Spanish
- Free, online, self-guided What is Prevention? Course available at no cost to all NC citizens
- Topic- and audience-specific webinars and trainings